Nigerian bourse on Wednesday closed bearish amid positive prevailing macros. The All Share Index plunged by 0.19% to close at 25,550.31 points as against a -0.03% drop recorded Tuesday.
- Nigerian Stock exchange market capitalization presently stands atN13.353 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -4.81%.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange trading turnover printed negative on Wednesday, as trading volume fell by 13.59% as against a -4.63% drop recorded on Tuesday trading session.
- FCMB, ACCESS, and UBA were the most active to boost market turnover.
- Market breadth closed negative as BERGER led 17 Gainers as against 19 Losers topped by NEM at the end of today’s session – an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- BERGER up 7.44% to close at N6.5
- UBN up 7.00% to close atN5.35
- NB up 2.31% to close at N42
- VITAFOAM up 1.75% to close at N5.8
- CAP up 0.59% to close at N17.1
- NEM down 9.78% to close at N2.03
- CADBURY down 8.39% to close at N7.1
- INTBREW down 6.25% to close at N3
- WAPCO down 3.70% to close at N13
- ZENITHBANK down 1.16% to close at N17
In spite of Crude oil prices gaining more than 2% and Brent crude prices hitting pass $41/barrel, the All Share Index closed negative at Wednesday’s trading session.
- Significant selling pressures from Cadbury, International Breweries dampened traders’ morale in the relatively low liquid stock market.
- Nairametrics, envisage cautious buying as market indicators, point to low market liquidity in the coming days.