Presidential flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Friday picked former Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate for the 2019 presidential election.
Here is a profile of Mr. Peter Obi
Brief Profile of Peter Obi
Peter Gregory Obi was born on 19th July 1961 in Onitsha, South-Eastern Nigeria.
The young Peter attended Christ the King College Onitsha. He later proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he bagged a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)
- Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)
- London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)
- Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )
- Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)
- Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)
- Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)
Previous appointments in the Private sector
- Former Chairman Fidelity Bank Plc.
- Former Chairman Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.
- Former Chairman Future Views Securities, Ltd.
- Former Chairman Paymaster Nigeria Plc.
- Former Chairman Next International (Nigeria) Ltd
- Former Director Guardian Express Bank Plc.
- Former Director Chams Nigeria Plc.
- Former Director Emerging Capital Ltd
- Former Director Card Centre Plc
Previous Political appointments
- Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)
- Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance
- Member, Presidential Economic Management Team
- Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum
- Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)
- Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Peter Obi is also a member of
- Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
- Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers
- British Institute of Directors (IOD)