Home Editors Pick These companies will be having their AGMs this week

These companies will be having their AGMs this week

-

Here is a recap of stocks that had corporate actions last week and those expected this week.

Corporate actions include payment of dividends, closure of shareholders’ registers, and qualification dates for dividends or bonuses.

It also includes the list of companies that will be holding their Annual General Meetings (AGMs) during the week.

Corporate Actions for last week

Presco Plc

Qualification date for Presco Plc’s dividend was Friday, July 6, 2018. 

Learn Africa Plc

Learn Africa’s qualification date was Friday, July 6, 2018. Investors holding a stock on its qualification date will be eligible for dividends. 

NAHCO Aviance Plc

NAHCO Aviance closed its register from Tuesday, July 3 to Thursday, July 5, 2018. Closure of register is to enable the company to compile the list of shareholders that will be paid dividends. Selling before that date means you will miss out on a dividend payment. 

LASACO Assurance Plc

LASACO Assurance paid a dividend of N0.03 on Thursday, July 5, 2018. This is for the 2017 financial year.

Corporate Actions for the week ending July 13 2018

Learn Africa Plc

Learn Africa Plc was established in 1961 as Longman Nigeria – a book publishing firm wholly owned by Longman Group UK Limited, now Pearson Education. On July 23, 1996, the shares of Longman Nigeria Plc were listed on the NSE.

In 2008, the company became a subsidiary of Pearson Plc. In 2011, Pearson and Longman Nigeria mutually agreed to become separate corporate entities in Nigeria.

Learn Africa is into publication and marketing of books at all levels. The company will close its shareholders’ register from Monday the 9th of July to Friday the 13th of July, 2018.

Trans-Nationwide Express (Tranex) Plc

The company was incorporated as TNT SKYPAK NIGERIA LIMITED on 28th March 1984 as a private limited liability company. On 6th September 1992, the company became a public limited liability company and its name changed to Trans-Nationwide Express Plc.

Tranex provides courier services, freight services, logistics, mailroom management, and haulage services.

Trans-Nationwide Express Plc will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday the 12th of July, 2018.

An AGM provides an opportunity for the management team of a company to brief shareholders on their plans for the year.

Guinea Insurance Plc

Guinea Insurance was incorporated on 3rd December 1958 as a limited liability company and became a public liability company on January 17, 1991. It was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 17th January 1991.

Guinea Insurance Plc will also be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday, the 12th of July, 2018.

Conoil Plc

Conoil Plc (formerly National Oil and Chemical Marketing Plc) was incorporated in 1960 as a private limited liability company. The company was converted to a public company on August 21, 1991.

Conpetrol Limited holds 74.4% of the issued capital, while members of the Nigerian public hold the remaining 25.6% stake in the company. Conpetrol Limited is ultimately controlled by Mike Adenuga.

Conoil will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday the 12th of July, 2018.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Popular

Understanding Mutual Fund Fees

INSIGHT: Why you really should consider investing in mutual fund today

A Mutual Fund is a Trust or Company that pools money from many investors and invests in a specified class of securities such as stocks, bonds, real estate or a balanced mix of asset classes.
Rubies Bank

Rubies Bank – The Future is here

Rubies is a fully digital banking platform, offering zero fee banking targeted at millennials, young professionals, SMEs, quasi-financial institutions and FINTECH companies.
Ellah Lakes appoints new Managing Director, Ellah Lakes appoints Chuka Mordi, Ellah Lakes acquires Telluria Limited, Nigerian Stock Exchange NSE

NSE has placed these 34 companies on red alert

Authorities of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has placed red alerts on some 34 quoted companies as a disciplinary measure for breaching some of its extant rules.