Mr. Uzoma Dozie is the Chief Executive Officer and Group Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc. He once served as Deputy Managing Director of Retail Banking at Diamond Bank Plc.
Mr. Dozie was as an Executive Director of Retail Banking of Diamond Bank Plc and also served as its Executive Director of Corporate Banking and Executive Director of Regional Business – Lagos & West from 2011 to 2013. Uzoma was also Executive
Diamond Bank Plc (“Diamond Bank”) is Nigeria’s fastest growing retail bank. Through innovation and technology, Diamond Bank enhances customer experiences and drives financial inclusion.
Mr. Dozie’s 2017 Year In Review thoughts:
The end of every year is special not only because we celebrate the beginning of a new one, but also because we can look back and appreciate how the current year has been.
As we’ve just started 2018, I take a look back at what 2017 meant for me. It definitely zipped by for sure. However, the central theme of the year was ‘people and connections’. I was fortunate to meet some amazing people and build connections with them. The other highlights from 2017 are:
- ‘Banking on Youth’ at the World Economic Forum 2017: The focus of WEF Durban 2017was on Achieving Inclusive Growth and opportunities for connecting markets, revitalising manufacturing and integrating innovation. I was part of the panel that discussed ‘Banking on Youth’ where we discussed how digital financial solutions can help young entrepreneur and start-ups in Africa. I spoke about how various data points can be used to lend money to start-ups and small businesses beyond their cash flow statements. Access to credit is extremely important for these businesses and data is helping us make better (and quick) decisions in lending.
- Invaluable Feedback through Customers : This is surely the most important connections for any business and with Technology this connection is only getting easier. Through my website and social media I receive hundreds of messages from our customers, and I made it a point to meet a lot of them this year (more than I usually did in past years). Connecting with Customers should not be just limited to Customer Service Week after-all!
- Connecting 1M+ subscribers to the Diamond Mobile App: I am passionate about Mobile Banking and Diamond Mobile App is something I am really proud of. We have been making great progress and improvements on the application and that explains how we succeeded to add over 1 Million subscribers to the mobile application.
- Partnership with Microsoft: We have partnered with Microsoft to boost productivity and employee engagement. The results have been pretty amazing! With Microsoft’s End to End Customer Relationship Management Tool our branches became more efficient. Also, with Microsoft Teams and Yammer we saved travel time significantly because communication within the organisation became so easy. I shifted to Microsoft products as well, and replaced my iMac with a stunning Surface Studio.
- Focus on Inclusiveness: Diamond Bank is a proud partner of Women’s World Banking and their event ‘Making Finance Work for Women 2017′ was held in Tanzania during October 2017. I got the opportunity to speak at a session on ‘Ensuring Safety and Opportunity for Girls’ which was something close to my heart as I am a father of two lovely daughters. We discussed how financial inclusion can empower women in Nigeria and how Diamond Bank has policies to help women excel in their careers at the workplace.
- Connecting with Tech Turks: This year I connected and interacted with a lot of Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs. You can see most of it in the online series on Diamond TV. The energy and determination of these young entrepreneurs is very inspiring. These discussions are always insightful and help me learn more about new innovations in Nigeria.