Six commercial banks in the country spent about N770 million to empower 4092 customers through savings promotions in 2017.
This was done to imbibe a saving culture in Nigerians, facilitate financial inclusion and increase customer base.
The six banks are Diamond Bank, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Union Bank and Skye Banks.
- Diamond Bank in its ‘DiamondXtra Season 9’ bonanza promo, which ran from July13 to September 30, gave out over N584 million cash prizes and consolation prizes to both existing and new customers. The prizes included monthly N100,000 as salary for life (20 years) to 12 customers, N1million to 31 customers, N500,000 to 20 customers, N10,000 to 600 customers, N5000 to 400 customers and free recharge cards for 2000 customers.
- FCMB conducted its Millionaire Promo Season 4, which ran from March 1st to October 30th 2017. The promo targeted all segments of the society excluding salary and domiciliary account holders. The lender awarded cash prizes of N20 million to 16 customers of which four customers received N2 million each at the grand finale of the promo and12 others received N1 million at the zonal draws. In addition to these were over 1280 prizes including LED TVs, Generating sets, Tablets, Phones and Decoders were given to customers during the promo
- Union Bank held its ‘100th anniversary data enrichment’ promo during which it gave out three brand new MG3 cars to 3 winners including microwaves, flat screen television sets and generator sets.
- Access Bank in its Family Fortune Promo tagged ‘Save Today, Take Tomorrow’ rewarded customers with over 100,000 gifts, specifically to family units through weekly, monthly and mega random selections. The nationwide savings promo, commenced in June and ended in December.
- Skye Bank also had its ‘Receive n Win promo’ during the year. The 90-days promo began in January and ended in February. It was opened to both account and non-account holders and saw the emergence of 49 winners of various prizes including a brand new car, N1 million,N500,000, N100,000, Samsung tablets, mobile phones, 20,000 gift voucher, DSTV decoders and GoTV decoders .
- Presently, Fidelity Bank is running the ‘Get Alert in Millions Reloaded’ promo, which started in September 2017 and would be concluded March 2018 , Already, the bank has given out N34 million out of the proposed N110 million as cash prizes and 33 consolation prizes to 26 winners.
Also, N100,908 was given out to many customers as consolation prizes during the promotions. Customers however urged the banks to improve on their services and products that will continue to meet their individual and business needs in the New Year.