In case you didn’t know, President Muhammadu Buhari has an economic management team and it is headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
As Nigeria reclines into serious economic challenges, pressures have mounted on the administration, leading to President Buhari agreeing to a national economic conference being tentatively fixed for March 10 and 11. He also appointed Dr. Oluyemi Dipeolu, a director in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) as his Special Adviser on Economic Matters in January.
However, the Presidency through the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande revealed that the president has an economic team that has been put in place since the Federal Executive Council (FEC) was inaugurated last November.
These are members of the economic management team:
• Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President
• Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, Minister of Budget and National Planning
• Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Minister of Finance
• Okechukwu Enelamah, Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment
• Godswin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
• Director-General of the Debt Management Office (DMO)
• Dr. Oluyemi Dipeolu, Special Adviser on Economic Matters
The team has also included at some point:
• Audu Ogbe, Agriculture Minister
• Lai Mohammed, Information Minister
• Relevant permanent secretaries
According to Akande, although the administration did not make anybody from the private sector a member, the economic team had since been meeting and engaging representatives of the private sector.