- Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has foiled an attempt by a passenger to smuggle 23 wraps containing $34,000.
- The suspect, Ozoh Ikenna, was arrested yesterday at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos on his way to Brazil.
- The money (Dollars) which was packed in wraps similar to narcotics and concealed in his shorts were detected during screening of passengers on the Ethiad Airways flight to Abu Dhabi.
- The NDLEA Airport Commander, Ahmadu Garba, said the arrest was facilitated by the scanning machine.
According to Mr Garba: “The wraps of dollars found on Ozoh Ikenna were detected with the aid of scanning machine. We also conducted a follow-up operation where one Ogbo Emmanuel who gave Ozoh $34,000 was arrested.”
- Investigation conducted by the Assets and Financial Investigation Directorate headed by Mrs Victoria Egbase revealed that the suspects were involved in the laundering of a substantial amount of money which was illicit drug proceeds.