- Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, has said that his administration has reduced the cost of governance in the state and saved N3 billion monthly.
- Ambode, who spoke Tuesday at a town hall meeting in Abesan, in Lagos West Senatorial District, said N12 billion had been saved in the first four months of his government.
”This has provided us with more funds to inject into capital projects and the initial funds to establish the Employment Trust Fund which we promised our youths,” Mr. Ambode said.
“Today, a major landmark of our administration is the reduction in the cost of governance. We want a lean government with quality service delivery.”
- It was the first edition of a quarterly town hall meeting Mr. Ambode was holding since he was sworn in on May 29th as the third governor of Lagos State since 1999.
- The Governor said that reducing the cost of governance was achieved through the re-alignment of the state’s Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs and restructuring of government.
- He also reiterated his determination to be accountable for every revenue and expenditure of the state.