- Nigeria is expected to grow the beverage industry at an annual growth rate of 10.8 percent in 2019, according to Sidel, a leading global provider of complete PET packaging lines and solutions for liquids.
- Nigeria’s market is currently at 27.2 billion litres with water leading future volume increase, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.1 percent.
- Both Nigeria and Ghana in recent years have proven to be fast-growing markets in the beverage industry. Ghana’s market stands at 675 million litres with CSD and bottle water leading future volume increase.
“With the packaging industry gaining momentum in Nigeria and other neighbouring countries, sub-Saharan market has grown to become a very competitive marketplace with a strong consumer demand on value-added beverage products.
“With Nigeria being one of Africa’s most important economies with a huge population that is growing at a tremendous rate, innovation and technology are key to gaining that competitive edge,” Dominique Martin, regional commercial director for Africa, said.
- Sidel on Tuesday in Lagos held a day ‘value creation day’ for its customers in Nigeria and Ghana, where it discussed local trends in the beverage packaging industry, developments and opportunities for growth.
- Consequently, Sidel offers new technologies and services including after-sales solution, starting from maintenance to spare parts and competence development.
- Sidel has strong partnership with SBA Nigeria Limited, which is being managed by Olivier Fraisse who has a wealth of experience in the FMCG field with particular focus on beverage and diary as well as through knowledge of network and management practices in the Middle East and Africa region.