- Comptroller-General of Customs, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) has said that President Muhammadu Buhari assigned him to do three things in the service.
- Alli has been assigned to o increase revenue generation, restructure Customs and Reform Customs.
- According to a statement by the Public Relations Officer, Mr. Wale Adeniyi on Thursday, Ali made the disclosure at his maiden meeting with the management of the service at Abuja.
Col. Alli told the senior officers that: “The mandate he (Buhari) has given me are three basic things: go to Customs, reform Customs, restructure Customs and increase the revenue generation, simple. I don’t think that is ambiguous, I don’t think that is cumbersome”. It is precise and I believe that is what all of you are here to do.”
- He charged Customs Management to work with him to deliver on the mandate given by President Mohammadu Buhari.
- He pleaded with the Management not to see him as a stranger in the Customs Family, noting that his mission in Customs is to help build and strengthen the Service.