- The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), on Tuesday, announced Mr Calistus Obi as the acting Director-General and Chief Executive Officer of the agency.
- Mr Isichei Osamgbi, the Deputy Director/Head of Public Relations of NIMASA, in a statement in Lagos State, said that the appointment followed the handing-over by Dr Ziakede Patrick Akpobolokemi to him.
- The statement recalled that the Federal Government had last week relieved Akpobolokemi of his appointment as the Chief Executive Officer of the agency
- He was directed to hand over the property of the agency to the most senior officer there.
- The statement said that Obi was, until this appointment, the Executive Director, Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services in the agency.
- It said that Obi had acquired over two decades of experience in the law practice as well as in the maritime industry.
- The statement said that Obi, born on May 1, 1964, hailed from Ihiala Local Government Area of Imo State and studied Law at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
“After duly completing the mandatory Law School programme, he bagged a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria,” the statement said.
- The statement said that Obi, a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), was called to the Bar in 1991.