The Apapa Area Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has disclosed that it generated N74.11 billion during the first quarter of the year.
- Area Controller of the command, Charles Edike, said the figure is N55.36 billion higher than the amount generated within the same period last year.
- Edike, attributed the increase to innovative and dedicated approach of officers and men of the command.
- Edike said 118 vessels called at the port in the first quarter of 2015, compared with 130 vessels, which called in the same period of 2014.
- The controller explained that 48,487 containers were discharged in the first quarter of 2015 in contrast to 57,908 containers discharged in the same period of 2014.
- “A total of 164 per cent of yard occupancy was recorded during the first quarter of 2015, while 203 per cent was recorded in the same period in 2014,” Edike said.
- The controller said the revenue boost experienced by the command was mainly due to the improved processing of documents for cargo clearance.
- Source: The Sun