The NGX closed on a flat note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 2 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 45,939.51 points, to reflect a growth of 0.02% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.55%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N6.06 billion.
At the close of market on Tuesday 25th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N24.766 trillion from N24.749 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as COURTVILLE led 20 gainers, and 15 Losers topped by CILEASING at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 3,223.07 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- COURTVILLE up +10.00% to close at N0.55
- ETI up +9.94% to close at N9.95
- ACADEMY up +9.72% to close at N0.79
- CHAMPION up +8.05% to close at N2.55
- REGALINS up +5.26% to close at N0.40
NGX ASI Top losers
- CILEASING down – 10.00% to close at N3.78
- PRESTIGE down – 9.80% to close at N0.46
- CORNERST down – 3.77% to close at N0.51
- MBENEFIT down – 3.70% to close at N0.26
- UPDC down – 3.45% to close at N1.12
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- GTCO – 24,519,109 units
- COURTVILLE – 21,425,555 units
- TRANSCORP – 20,439,908 units
- ZENITH – 17,318,113 units
- CHAMS – 16,555,538 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- SEPLAT – N963,417,647.00
- GTCO – N625,346,343.70
- ZENITHBANK – N440,520,098.70
- MTNN – N439,675,780.70
- NB – N293,012,436.25
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 20 gainers surpassed 15 losers.