The NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 6 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 45,928.27 points, to reflect a decline of 0.06% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.52%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N11.88 billion.
At the close of market on Monday 24th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N24.75 trillion from N24.76 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as LIVING TRUST led 15 gainers, and 26 Losers topped by REGALINS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 3,211.83 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- LIVINGTRUST up +9.62% to close at N1.14
- NNFM up +9.49% to close at N8.65
- ACADEMY up +9.09% to close at N0.72
- COURTVILLE up +8.70% to close at N0.50
- ABCTRANS up +5.88% to close at N0.36
NGX ASI Top losers
- REGALINS down – 9.52% to close at N0.38
- FTNCOCOA down – 7.69% to close at N0.36
- NEM down – 5.41% to close at N3.50
- SOVRENINS down – 4.17% to close at N0.23
- CUTIX down – 4.00% to close at N2.40
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- CHAMS – 40,546,364 units
- UBA – 35,114,612 units
- COURTVILLE – 33,325,899 units
- STERLING – 18,779,050 units
- ACCESS – 17,068,152 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- SEPLAT – N797,372,061.00
- UBA – N284,738,155.75
- GTCO – N284,621,409.80
- NB – N208,036,926.40
- FBNH – N172,688,536.30
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 15 gainers were surpassed by 26 losers.