The NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 173 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 45,430.14 points, to reflect a growth of 1.73% from the previous trading day and breaking a new high since September 29, 2008.
Year-to-Date (YTD) return stands at 6.35%, while the market capitalization increased by N417 billion.
Airtel Africa Plc witnessed immense rallying today as buy-interests took the share price up 10.00% to close at N1,155.50 per share. This increased the telecommunications market value by N395 billion, which is 94% of the total gains recorded by the Nigerian Exchange at the end of today’s trading session.
At the close of market on Wednesday 19th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N24.48 trillion from N24.06 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as AIRTELAFRI led 17 gainers, and 18 losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,713.70 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- AIRTELAFRI up +10.00% to close at N1155.50
- CORNERST up +6.00% to close at N0.53
- COUTVILLE up +5.26% to close at N0.40
- UBN up +4.46% to close at N5.85
- SEPLAT up +4.36% to close at N720.10
NGX ASI Top losers
- FTNCOCOA down – 7.69% to close at N0.36
- CHIPLC down – 7.25% to close at N0.64
- REGALINS down – 6.67% to close at N0.42
- JAPAUL down – 4.76% to close at N0.40
- JAIZ down – 4.55% to close at N0.63
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- GTCO – 25,456,346 units
- FBNH – 23,094,320 units
- FIDELITY – 21,137,645 units
- DANGCEM – 14,453,030 units
- FCMB – 12,932,757 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- DANGCEM – N3,781,353,849.00
- GTCO – N649,356,251.40
- FBNH – N277,150,098.30
- NB – N202,709,997.00
- AIRTELAFRI – N196,572,480.60
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 17 gainers were surpassed by 18 losers.