Samsung said that starting with its 2022 TV lineup, it would provide broad support for NFTs.
This was disclosed in Samsung press releases titled, “Samsung Electronics Unveils Its 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, With Next-Generation Picture Quality and Range of Cutting-Edge Personalization Options.”
Samsung becomes the first major TV manufacturer to support NFTs to such a significant degree.
What Samsung is saying
Samsung is introducing the world’s first TV screen-based NFT explorer and marketplace aggregator.
This would be a groundbreaking platform that lets you browse, purchase, and display your favourite art all in one place.
“NFT Platform: This application features an intuitive, integrated platform for discovering, purchasing and trading digital artwork through MICRO LED, Neo QLED and The Frame,” Samsung said.
The need for a solution to today’s fragmented viewing and purchase landscape has never been higher, according to Samsung.
What you should know
- Non-fungible token (NFT) assets were extremely popular in YTD with about $20 billion in volume recorded in terms of NFT sales among 100 collections.
- While many single NFTs sold for millions of dollars, a number of NFT projects and collections saw hundreds of millions and even billions in all-time volume.
- According to defillama.com metrics, the popular NFT collection Cryptopunks captured $2.98 billion in all-time volume.
- Numerous NFT collections have been very prominent in 2021 and have been the topic of various discussions
- Hence with the growing popularity of NFTs, Samsung saw that the need for a solution to today’s fragmented watching and purchase landscape has never been higher.