The NGX closed on a flat note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 1 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 41,813.27 points, to reflect a decline of 0.01% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 3.83%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N3.22 billion.
At the close of market today, Thursday 30th December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.83 trillion from N21.82 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as CHIPLC led 21 gainers, and 12 Losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,542.55 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CHIPLC up +10.00% to close at N0.77
- MBENEFIT up +9.68% to close at N0.34
- REGALINS up +9.30% to close at N0.47
- UNITYBANK +8.33% to close at N0.52
- WAPIC +8.16% to close at N0.53
NGX ASI Top losers
- FTNCOCOA down –7.50% to close at N0.37
- ROYALEX down – 4.76% to close at N0.80
- VERITAS down – 4.76% to close at N0.20
- ETI down – 3.47% to close at N8.35
- ARDOVA down –2.99% to close at N13.00
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- JAIZBANK – 97,762,753 units
- ACCESS – 34,046,242 units
- STERLING – 30,537,171 units
- UPDCREIT – 15,484,033 units
- NGXGROUP – 14,949,186 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N308,378,830.90
- NGXGROUP – N299,172,379.95
- MTNN – N244,021,030.30
- ZENITH – N224,547,558.50
- FBNH – N149,532,234.75
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 21 gainers surpassed 12 losers.