The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 34 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,244.22 points, to reflect a decline of 0.34% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.90%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N75.34 billion.
At the close of the market today, Wednesday 22nd December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.05 trillion from N22.13 trillion on the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as CUTIX led 17 gainers, and 14 losers topped by ROYALEX at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,973.50 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CUTIX up +10.00% to close at N2.64
- MAYBAKER up +10.00% to close at N4.51
- UPDC up +7.76% to close at N1.25
- CHIPLC up +5.08% to close at N0.62
- CHAMS up +5.00% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI Top losers
- ROYALEX down –6.67% to close at N0.70
- LASACO down – 6.36% to close at N1.03
- UBN down – 5.15% to close at N4.60
- FCMB down – 4.33% to close at N2.87
- OANDO down –3.96% to close at N4.37
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- UACN – 77,367,451 units
- MBENEFIT – 15,040,350 units
- SOVRENINS – 12,150,005 units
- VERITAS – 9,633,012 units
- ACCESS – 8,983,532 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- UACN – N696,465,127.15
- NESTLE – N638,902,720.50
- MTNN – N319,819,494.10
- OKOMUOIL – N203,766,197.50
- ZENITH – N94,361,245.20
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 17 gainers surpassed 14 losers.