Marriott International – the world’s largest hotel chain, is set to add 413 keys to their Nigerian portfolio through new hotels in Ikeja, Lagos & Ikot-Ekpene, Akwa-Ibom. The hotels were developed by SIFAX Group (Marriott, Ikeja GRA) and the Akwa Ibom State Government (Four Points by Sheraton, Ikot Ekpene) respectively.
Estate Intel reported on the groundbreaking ceremony of the Marriott Ikeja in August 2014, and at this point, the hotel was scheduled for completion in 2018. However, prolonged construction delays and an additional extension due to COVID-19, pushed the hotel’s official launch date forward. The SIFAX Group and Marriott International will open the hotel to the public on the 19th of May, 2021 and the daily rates range from $263 to $1,370.
Other information about the developments include;
- Keys: 206 Standard Rooms, 3 Presidential Suites, and 41 Regular Suites;
- Car Park: 400;
- Main Contractor: DORI Construction And Engineering Nigeria Limited;
- Amenities: Banquet Halls, Executive meeting rooms, Spas, Indoor and Outdoor Restaurants, Swimming pools, Tennis courts, Club lounge, Fully equipped gyms.
The Four Points by Sheraton in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom was largely complete in December 2015 and commencement of operations was slated in April 2017 but the hotel remained unopened for unclear reasons.., It is worthy to note, however, that the Le Meridien Hotel Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort in Uyo, Akwa Ibom which is also owned and developed by the Akwa-Ibom State Government, and within the Marriott portfolio was deflagged in 2017 due the government‘s failure to pay its debt owed to the operating company.
The Four Points by Sheraton Ikot-Ekpene is now set to begin operations next week but the official daily rates were not disclosed at the time this article was published.
These hospitality developments will add to Marriott International’s growing portfolio of assets under management in Nigeria and promise to deliver tourism and economic growth opportunities.
You can find more information about the Hotel’s development below;
- Keys: 144 Standard Rooms, 2 Presidential Suites, and 16 Regular Suites;
- Total Gross Floor Area: 13,700m2;
- Floors: 12;
- Main Contractor: Renaissance Construction;
- Amenities: Banquet Halls, Executive meeting rooms, Spas, Indoor and Outdoor Restaurants, Swimming pools, Tennis courts, Club lounge, Roof terraces.
- Read more on Estate Intel