The Nigerian Exchange market closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 45 basis points. The bulls dominated the bears in today’s trading session as market breadth indicated a positive mood.
The NGX ASI closed at 40,896.96 points, to reflect a growth of 0.45% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 1.56%. The stock market has advanced 626.24 basepoints since the start of the year. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased today by N95.46 billion.
At the close of market today, Tuesday,12th October 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.31 trillion from N21.22 trillion in the previous trading day. The market breadth closed positive as CHAMPION led 27 Gainers, and 13 Losers topped by CHIPLC at the end of today’s session.
NGX ASI top gainers
- CHAMPION up +10.00% to close at N2.53
- CORNERST up +9.80% to close at N0.56
- FBNH up +9.79% to close at N10.65
- SOVRENINS up +9.09% to close at N0.24
- LIVINGTRUST up +8.96% to close at N0.73
NGX ASI top losers
- CHIPLC down –6.78% to close at N0.55
- JAPAUL down –6.25% to close at N0.45
- NEM down –3.81% to close at N2.02
- IKEJAHOTEL down –3.51% to close at N1.10
- OANDO down –3.46% to close at N5.02
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- FBNH – 317,275,556 units
- CHAMPION – 49,918,180 units
- ETI – 38,050,165 units
- UBA – 22,538,078 units
- FIDELITY – 16,555,119 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- FBNH – N3,294,128,973.20
- GTCO – N274,169,062.45
- ETI – N269,207,908.05
- UBA – N181,400,701.50
- ZENITHBANK – N164,593,652.20
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 27 gainers surpassed 13 losers.