At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 38 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 40,714.00 points, to reflect a loss of 0.38% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 1.10%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N80.44 billion.
At the close of market today, Monday,11th of October 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.22 trillion from N21.30 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed flat as NEM led 17 Gainers, and 17 Losers topped by SOVRENINS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 443.28 basepoints since the start of the year.
News continues after this ad
NGX ASI Top gainers
- NEM up +9.95% to close at N2.10
- ETI up +9.52% to close at N6.90
- CHAMPION up +9.52% to close at N2.30
- ROYALEX up +8.77% to close at N0.62
- WAPCO up +4.93% to close at N24.50
NGX ASI Top losers
- SOVRENINS down –8.33% to close at N0.22
- NB down –6.06% to close at N46.50
- AIICO down –5.26% to close at N0.90
- UPL down –5.06% to close at N1.50
- UNIVINSURE down –4.55% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 24,153,582 units
- ETI – 19,338,618 units
- CHAMS – 17,697,182 units
- ZENITHBANK – 12,225,611 units
- GTCO – 12,102,824 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- BUACEMENT – N359,353,667.00
- GTCO – N343,623,625.15
- ZENITHBANK – N300,714,037.70
- NESTLE – N251,286,421.60
- FBNH – N234,249,457.00
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being flat as 17 gainers equal 17 losers.