At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed positive amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 159 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N327.65 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 40,221.17 points, to reflect a gain of 1.59% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Thursday, 30th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.96 trillion from N20.63 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return however, is currently settled at –0.12%.
The market breadth closed positive as UPL led 20 Gainers, and 14 Losers topped by CHAMS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –49.55 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UPL up +9.82% to close at N1.23
- PHARMDEKO up – 9.81% to close at N2.35
- MAYBAKER up – 9.17% to close at N4.88
- SOVRENINS up – 9.09% to close at N0.24
- CHIPLC up – 7.55% to close at N0.57
NGX ASI Top losers
- CHAMS down –8.70% to close at N0.21
- MANSARD down –4.12% to close at N2.33
- JAIZBANK down –3.23% to close at N0.60
- LIVESTOCK down –2.69% to close at N2.17
- JAPAULGOLD down –2.22% to close at N0.44
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 53,764,092 units
- TRANSCORP – 23,311,237 units
- GTCO – 19,417,684 units
- WAPIC – 18,271,474 units
- MBENEFIT – 15,251,102 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- DANGCEM – N1,127,564,173.20
- NESTLE – N569,455,387.60
- GTCO – N544,348,664.65
- FBNH – N430,464,213.95
- NB – N308,915,587.70
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 20 gainers surpass 14 losers.