At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 5 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N11.02 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,852.69 points, to reflect a loss of 0.05% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Wednesday 22nd September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.24 trillion from N20.25 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –3.52%.
The market breadth closed negative as TRANSCOHOT led 13 Gainers, and 17 Losers topped by VERITASKAP at the end of today’s session. The stock market has declined –1,418.03 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- TRANSCOHOT up +10.00% to close at N4.95
- PHARMDEKO up +9.88% to close at N1.78
- CONOIL up +9.84% to close at N24.55
- CORNERST up +8.16% to close at N0.53
- NEM up +5.26% to close at N2.00
NGX ASI Top losers
- VERITASKAP down –8.70% to close at N0.21
- UCAP down –5.00% to close at N8.55
- CHAMS down –4.55% to close at N0.21
- ACCESS down –3.37% to close at N8.60
- JAPAULGOLD down –2.13% to close at N0.46
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- UNIVINSURE – 19,040,500 units
- UBA – 18,778,552 units
- ZENITHBANK – 11,757,422 units
- GTCO – 10,015,581 units
- UCAP – 8,519,588 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N271,262,745.25
- ZENITHBANK – N268,830,997.45
- UBA – N143,097,682.80
- STANBIC – N78,416,761.75
- UCAP – N74,569,386.55
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 13 gainers were surpassed by 17 losers.