At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 27 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N55.78 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 39,219.61 points, to reflect a loss of 0.27% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Tuesday 31st of August 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.43 trillion from N20.49 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.61%.
The market breadth closed negative as TRANSCORP led 16 Gainers, and 27 Losers topped by Nigerian Breweries at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,051.11 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- TRANSCORP up +10.00% to close at N5.17
- HONYFLOUR up +9.74% to close at N4.28
- MORISON up +9.73% to close at N2.03
- FTNCOCOA up +9.62% to close at N0.57
- SKYAVN up +9.46% to close at N4.05
NGX ASI Top losers
- NB down –9.93% to close at N49.45
- LIVESTOCK down –9.83% to close at N2.11
- LASACO down –9.74% to close at N1.39
- UPDC down –7.46% to close at N1.86
- NEIMETH down –7.04% to close at N1.85
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 111,069,696.00 units
- CHAMS – 57,547,337.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 31,628,689.00 units
- CHAMPION – 23,746,924.00 units
- FIDELITY – 20,646,817.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ZENITHBANK – N243,555,856.75
- MTNN – N209,191,489.40
- GTCO – N190,301,247.75
- WAPCO – N174,430,123.70
- NB – N167,962,414.50
Market sentiments trend towards the bears as the market differential remains in favour of the decliners as 16 gainers were surpassed by 27 losers