At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 40 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N82.83 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,326.67 points, to reflect a loss of 0.40% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Monday 30th of August 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.49 trillion from N20.57 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.34%.
The market breadth closed positive as HONYFLOUR led 21 Gainers, and 18 Losers topped by CHAMPION at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –944.05 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- HONYFLOUR up +9.86% to close at N3.91
- UPDC up +9.84% to close at N2.01
- ABCTRANS up +9.09% to close at N0.36
- PRESCO up +8.90% to close at N79.50
- FTNCOCOA up +8.33% to close at N0.52
NGX ASI Top losers
- CHAMPION down –7.73% to close at N2.03
- ETERNA down –7.20% to close at N6.96
- LINKASSU down –6.45% to close at N0.58
- OANDO down –5.00% to close at N4.56
- CAVERTON down –4.86% to close at N1.76
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 51,690,635.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 43,733,069.00 units
- CHIPLC – 17,606,438.00 units
- OANDO – 16,118,706.00 units
- UPDC – 15,113,606.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ZENITHBANK – N220,259,928.15
- MTNN – N176,840,478.90
- HONYFLOUR – N167,913,526.26
- GTCO – N142,459,135.40
- OANDO – N71,450,045.85
Market sentiments trend towards the bears despite the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 18 losers were surpassed by 21 gainers.