The stock exchange market closed positive today, Friday 13th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased by 8 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N17 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,522.34 points, to reflect a gain of 0.08% from the previous trading day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.59 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently settled at –1.86%.
The market breadth closed positive as FTNCOCOA led 20 Gainers, and 15 Losers topped by CUTIX at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –748.38 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- FTNCOCOA up +10.00% to close at N0.44
- HONYFLOUR up +9.63% to close at N2.05
- PRESTIGE up +9.09% to close at N0.48
- UPDC up +8.85% to close at N1.23
- JAPAULGOLD up +8.51% to close at N0.51
NGX ASI Top losers
- CUTIX down –9.91% to close at N5.00
- JULI down –9.90% to close at N0.91
- SOVRENINS down –7.14% to close at N0.26
- VERITASKAP down –4.35% to close at N0.22
- WAPIC down –4.00% to close at N0.48
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FLOURMILL – 52,471,361.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 15,486,569.00 units
- STERLINGBANK – 13,680,629.00 units
- WEMABANK – 13,251,314.00 units
- FBNH – 10,877,072.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- FLOURMILL – N1,597,389,219.55
- TOTAL – N328,262,599.80
- NESTLE – N203,467,863.00
- ZENITHBANK – N186,870,774.95
- AIRTELAFRI – N150,149,473.10
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls as the market differential remained in favour of the advancers as 15 losers were surpassed by 20 gainers.