The stock exchange market closed positive today, Tuesday 10th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased by 158 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N317 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,176.62 points, to reflect a gain of 1.58% from the previous trading day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.41 trillion, while its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns settled at –2.72%.
The market breadth closed positive as AIRTELAFRI led 21 Gainers, and 20 Losers topped by JULI at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined -1,094.10 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- AIRTEL up +10.00% to close at N715.00
- UNITYBANK up +7.14% to close at N0.60
- VERITASKAP up +4.35% to close at N0.24
- COURTVILLE up +4.17% to close at N0.25
- CAVERTON up +3.89% to close at N1.87
NGX ASI Top losers
- JULI down –9.01% to close at N1.01
- CHIPLC down –6.90% to close at N0.54
- JAIZBANK down –4.84% to close at N0.59
- SUNUASSU down –4.26% to close at N0.45
- LIVESTOCK down –3.06% to close at N1.90
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- GTCO – 37,281,527.00 units
- ETI – 24,121,808.00 units
- JAIZBANK – 18,646,668.00 units
- FBNH – 10,301,240.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 10,018,742.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N1,044,754,919.55
- MTNN – N489,331,236.70
- ZENITHBANK – N166,880,115.00
- ETI – N131,021,373.45
- AIRTELAFRI – N83,420,867.50
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls as the market differential is in favour of the advancers as 20 losers were surpassed by 21 gainers.