Nigeria’s stock exchange market closed negative today, Monday 9th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) decreased by 63 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N126 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 38,567.26 points, to reflect a loss of 0.63% from the previous trading day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.09 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return is currently settled at –4.23%. The market breadth closed positive as CONOIL led 19 Gainers, and 18 Losers topped by UPL at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined -1,703.46 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- CONOIL up +9.83% to close at N22.35
- NNFM up +9.76% to close at N6.75
- SKYAVN up +9.18% to close at N3.45
- ACADEMY up +7.89% to close at N0.41
- SUNUASSU up +4.44% to close at N0.47
NGX ASI top losers
- UPL down –9.79% to close at N1.29
- LINKASS down –7.81% to close at N0.59
- NPFMCRFBNK down –4.26% to close at N1.80
- VERITASKAP down –4.17% to close at N0.23
- COURTVILLE down –4.00% to close at N0.24
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- WEMABANK – 25,769,809.00 units
- ELLAHLAKES – 25,025,050.00 units
- FIDELITY – 16,139,738.00 units
- CHIPLC – 12,464,452.00 units
- FCMB – 9,468,378.00 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- ELLAHLAKES – N106,356,462.50
- ZENITH – N104,380,484.20
- MTNN – N94,661,159.70
- DANGCEM – N70,673,217.70
- NESTLE – N64,236,528.40
Market sentiments trend towards the bears despite the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 18 losers were surpassed by 19 gainers.