Nigeria’s stock exchange market closed flat yesterday, Friday 6th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased marginally by 2 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N4 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,810.75 points, to reflect a gain of 0.02% from the previous day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.22 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns are currently settled at –3.63%.
The market breadth closed negative as TRANSCORP led 10 Gainers, and 12 Losers topped by JULI at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined -1,459.97 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- TRANSCORP up +9.80% to close at N3.92
- REGALINS up +6.67% to close at N0.48
- OANDO up +4.13% to close at N4.79
- ARDOVA up +3.33% to close at N15.50
- CUTIX up +2.73% to close at N5.65
NGX ASI top losers
- JULI down –9.76% to close at N1.11
- AFRIPRUD down –5.51% to close at N6.00
- CHIPLC down –3.28% to close at N0.59
- MBENEFIT down –2.63% to close at N0.37
- VITAFOAM down –2.60% to close at N15.00
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- FBNH – 27,279,144.00 units
- GTCO – 14,383,404.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 13,025,267.00 units
- FCMB – 12,260,805.00 units
- WEMABANK – 12,085,343.00 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- GTCO – N404,036,087.85
- DANGCEM – N293,520,778.80
- FBNH – N199,561,370.45
- ZENITHBANK – N146,512,859.55
- MTNN – N94,572,921.10
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 10 gainers were surpassed by 12 losers.