Getting customers to make payments is an integral part of every business. As the world continues to evolve, payments systems have grown from the barter system to the traditional method of paying with cash to cards and now we have a more advanced payment system – digital payments.
With each evolution in payment systems comes convenience, speed, and better security. Most businesses now have websites and have integrated different payment methods to cater to the needs of their ever-growing customers.
But one important method that is increasingly gaining popularity is the use of Payment Links.
What is a payment link?
Payment Link is an easy and convenient way for businesses and individuals to receive payment payments for goods and services online via a simple URL without a website. You can accept payments through any channel – email, social media, or text message by simply sharing your payment link with your customers. It doesn’t require any complex API integration like the payment gateways.
Small businesses that do not have websites but need a secure solution for receiving payments online can use a payment link. It takes less than a minute to generate one. Business owners, freelancers, online stores, etc can use a payment link. You can attach it to your invoice if you are sending an electronic invoice to your customer for faster payment. Even when using a payment link, customers can choose from a broad range of payment methods.
In this article, we will look at 4 companies offering payment link services in Nigeria.
Klasha offers borderless payments for e-commerce in Africa. Merchants worldwide can sell online to Africa and receive payments in local African currencies while consumers can make online payments regardless of where they are based geographically in Africa.
With klasha’s payment link, users can create and send customized payment links in a few clicks to accept payments from their customers in Africa. No website or code is required.
• Create a link in just a few clicks.
• Create a simple custom checkout page directly from KlashaDash dashboard.
• Multiple payment methods available (card, bank account, USSD, M-Pesa, Ghana Mobile Money, etc.).
• Smart and secure checkout.
• Share the link on multiple channels, including WhatsApp, Twitter, social media, or email.
Flutterwave provides the easiest and most reliable payments solution for businesses anywhere in the world. Their mission is to simplify payments for endless possibilities.
With Flutterwave payment links, you can create seamless payment experiences for your customers without a website or integration. You can also grow your business by receiving payments from customers in over 150 currencies worldwide.
• Customize payment links for one-off or recurring payments to suit your business needs.
• Fast, secure, and seamless checkout experience.
• Supports Android, iOS, and desktop.
• Allows various payment methods, including Bank Transfers.
• Compatible with eCommerce stores like WooCommerce, Shopify.
Okra’s API empowers companies and developers to build products with seamless access to inclusive financial data and secure payments.
Okra payment links is an extremely simple way to request a payment. Instantly generate a link, then send it via SMS or email to your customer. They click the link and pay online via the Okra widget.
• Create a payment link via the okra dashboard.
• Customize the appearance of payment links directly from your dashboard.
• Easily choose the kind of payment link either “Fixed Payment Link” or the “Donation Link.”
• View the list of all your payouts on the dashboard.
• Easily share links on social media or anywhere.
Interswitch creates technology solutions that connect and empower individuals, businesses, and communities.
Interswitch payment links allow business owners that do not own websites to receive single or recurring payments from their customers.
• Generate payment links on Quickteller Business.
• Customize payment links for a single payment or recurring payments.
• Easily share payment link with customers to receive payment.
Why this matters
Payment links are an important option for businesses to use when receiving payment. Many businesses would rather provide their customers with diverse payment options that are convenient, safe, and fast. Payment links come in handy for this purpose.