The Nigerian Stock Exchange market posted a loss at the end of the trading session today as predicted by analysts. The All-Share Index declined by -0.03% to close at 39,305.48 from 39,318.52 index points.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at NGN 20.58Tr. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at – 4%.
- The market closed in loss as PRESTIGE led 23 Gainers, and 16 Losers were topped by CHIPLC, with a strong bullish movement by the NSE ASI.
NSE ASI Top gainers
- PRESTIGE up +9.52% to close at N0.46
- WEMABANK up +8.77% to close at N0.62
- ROYALEX up +7.69% to close at N0.42
- CHAMPION up +7.46% to close at N2.16
- REGALINS up +7.41% to close at N0.29
NSE ASI Top losers
- CHIPLC down -9.09% to close at N0.30
- IUPL down -8.59% to close at N1.17
- CHAMS down -4.55% to close at N0.21
- HONYFLOUR down -4.44% to close at N1.29
- STERLNBANK down -4.38% to close at N1.53
NSE ASI Outlook
The NSE ASI saw a bearish move opposing gains held at the previous trading session. The pullback anticipated by speculators was affirmed today. The stock market is expected to make a recovery tomorrow. Nevertheless, the following stocks are on our watchlist: PZ, CAP, OANDO, STANBIC, HONYFLOUR, GUINNESS and Flourmills.
Nairametrics advises cautious participation in the stock market in this era of growing uncertainties.