The Nigerian Stock Exchange market made another bearish run at the end of the trading session. The All-Share Index decreased by -0.29% to close at 38,601.83 from 38,712.55 index points.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at NGN 20.26Tr. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -4.14%.
- The market closed beneath expectation as JAPAULGOLD led 15 Gainers, and GUINNESS topped the chart of 18 Losers with a noticeable bearish movement by the NSE ASI.
- JAPAULGOLD up +8.70% to close at N0.75
- NAHCO up +7.39% to close at N 2.18
- STERLNBANK up +7.14% to close at N1.80
- STANBIC up +5.75% to close at N46.00
- CHAMS up +5.00% to close at N0.21
- GUINNESS down -9.91% to close at N24.10
- TRIPPLEG down -9.72% to close at N0.65
- NCR down -9.68% to close at N2.52
- CHAMPION down -9.09% to close at N2.00
- JAIZBANK down -7.69% to close at N0.60
Analysts’ predictions of a recovery in the market were halted by another bearish trend at the end of the trading session on Tuesday, though there is strong optimism that a recovery from the financial and consumer sectors will push the NSE-ASI back to profit.
Nairametrics advises cautious participation in the stock market in this era of growing uncertainties.