Nigerian Stock Exchange market made a BEARISH run at the end of today’s trading session. The All-Share Index decreased by -0.4% to close at 38,712.55 from 38,866.39 index points.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at N20.26 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -3.87%.
- The market closed beneath expectation as JAPAULGOLD led 15 Gainers, and 20 Losers topped by CUSTODIAN with a noticeable bearish movement by the NSE ASI.
- JAPAULGOLD up +9.52% to close at N0.69
- UAC-POP up +9.33% to close at N 0.82
- AFRIPRUD up +8.33% to close at N5.85
- ROYALEX up +8.33% to close at N0.39
- STERLBANK up +7.69% to close at N1.68
- CUSTODIAN down -14.29%to close at N6.00
- STANBIC down -9.94% to close at N43.50
- GUINNESS down -9.93% to close at N26.75
- NAHCO down -7.73% to close at N2.03
- PZ down -5.15% to close at N4.60
Despite prior predictions by analysts, the market trended bearish at the end of trading session on Monday. Speculations are that we might see recovery in the financial and consumer sector that will push the NSE-ASI back to profit.
- Nairametrics however, advises cautious participation in the stock market in this era of growing uncertainties.