Nigerian stocks ended the first trading session of the week on an impressive note.
Consequently, the All-Share Index appreciated by 0.89% to close at 38,722.87 index points as against 38.382.39 index points recorded in the previous trading session. Nigerian investors printed gains of N178.14 billion at the end of Monday’s trading session.
- Year-to-date return and market capitalization settled at -3.80%, and N20.25 trillion respectively. The local bourse recorded 26 gainers against 6 losers to begin trading on the positive route.
- JBERGER (+10.00%) led the gainer’s chart today, while CHAMPION (-8.20%) was the top loser.
- JBERGER N17 1.7 10.00% to close at N18.7
- STANBIC N40 4 10.00% to close at N44
- UACN N7.5 0.5 6.67%to close at N8
- JOHNHOLT N0.46 0.03 6.52% to close at N0.49
- INTBREW N5.1 0.3 5.88% to close at N5.4
- CHAMPION 8.20% to close at N2.24
- JAIZBANK N0.67 -0.03 -4.48% to close at N0.64
- JAPAULGOLD N0.49 -0.02 -4.08% to close at N0.47
- CHIPLC N0.31 -0.01 -3.23% to close at N0.3
- EARNAFRCA N1.1 -0.03 -2.73% to close at N1.07
Trading activities on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange on Monday closed on a positive route following gains recorded by blue-chip firms like STANBIC, JBERGER, and UACN.
- Nairametrics, however, envisages cautious buying amid growing uncertainty in Nigeria’s key international market, which includes resurging COVID-19 cases.