Nigerian Stocks ended the mid-week trading session on a bullish note. The All Share Index improved 0.63% to 38,931.25 index points. investors gained N127.87 billion.
- Year-to-date return and market capitalization settled at -3.30% and N20.36 trillion, respectively. Investor sentiment as measured by the market breadth was flat with 23 gainers against 23 losers.
- A total volume of 368.2 million units of shares, valued at N4.90 billion exchanged hands in 4,437 deals. CHAMPION (+8.91%) led the gainer’s chart today, while CHIPLC (-10.00%) was the top loser.
- MORISON up 9.72% to close at N0.79
- CHAMPION up 8.91% to close at N2.2
- NEIMETH up 8.85% to close at N2.09
- MBENEFIT up 7.69% to close at N0.42
- NAHCO up 6.64% to close at N2.25
- CHIPLC down 10.00% to close at N0.27
- ETERNA down 9.94% to close at N4.62
- CONOIL down 9.79% to close at N17.05
- NNFM down 9.65% to close at N5.15
- LIVESTOCK down 9.57% to close at N1.7
Nigerian Stock bulls took the grasp of today’s trading session as the NSE Industrial Index, Up by 1.74% due to gain in DANGCEM (+3.64%).
- NSE Consumer Goods Index: Advanced by 0.40%, on buy-interests in CHAMPION (+8.91%), NESTLE (+1.85%) and NB (+1.01%).
- Amidst such turnaround currently in play, Nairametrics envisages caution as recent price action reveals high selling pressures still prevail among a significant number of low and medium-capitalized stocks across the market spectrum.