The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has revealed that it disbursed a total of N106.96 billion to 27,956 beneficiaries of Agri-Business Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS).
This information is contained in a recent communique from the last MPC report of the CBN.
Recall that Nairametrics had earlier reported the expansion of AGSMEIS beneficiaries to 14,638. In lieu of this, the recent figures show a remarkable improvement of an additional 13,318 beneficiaries.
READ: Access Bank rejects Appeal Court’s suspension of injunction against Seplat, approaches Supreme Court
The apex also revealed that it has disbursed a total of N2.0 trillion as at January 2021. Other key disbursements are;
- The disbursement of N192.64 billion to 426,016 households and small businesses under the COVID-19 Targeted Credit Facility (TCF).
- The disbursement of N72.96 billion to the Health Care Support Intervention Facility, directly impacting about 73 projects which comprises of 26 pharmaceutical projects and 47 hospitals and health care services projects in the country.
- In a bid to support the provision of employment opportunities, the apex bank provided financial support of N3.12 billion to 320 beneficiaries under the Creative Industry Financing Initiatives and N268 million to 395 beneficiaries under the Nigerian Youth Investment Fund.
- The apex bank also provided N18.58 billion for the procurement of 347,853 electricity reading meters to Discos, in a bid to support the National Mass Metering Programme.
READ: CBN opposes bid to remove Arabic inscriptions from Naira notes
What you should know
- The Agri-Business/Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Scheme is a Federal Government initiative aimed at supporting efforts and policy measures for the promotion of agricultural businesses and small/medium enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria, with the long-run goal of achieving sustainable economic development and employment generation.
- With the CBN AGSMEIS Loan, one can access up to N10M at 5% per year without collateral.
What CBN is going to disburse for AGSMEIS loans, for those that finished training, wrote loan application, and our account was created since 21/08/2020,what time are we excepting,it sir thanks,
Some of the the beneficial haven’t receive their loan from this agro scheme, have been waiting
I did not go for training what should I do get my own.
I appreciate the various Fed Govt intervention programs through the CBN.But more perplexed with the mode of releases of AGMEISS LOAN.I applied for the loan since MARCH 2019 & was called for interview in JUNE 2019 respectively. Today,is exactly 7MONTHS since the interview & no disbursement. It’s really unfortunate that we’ve prepared our land for dry season RICE, but no support to cultivate my 40 hectares land. May God be our guide.
I am tired of applying for employment in Nigeria. The federal government is scamming people in the name employment. Who knows if they have shared the money
I’m wondering why I haven’t received the loan up till date. I went to the Central Bank to know how and to apply and was directed to Smedan where I paid the stipulated training fees, including fees for Business Plan and uploading. After about 40 of us were trained and the business plan were uploaded by Smedan, we were directed to go for interview which we did on 3rd, October 2020.
I’m therefore surprised that I have not received the loan, when others with whom we were interviewed have received their loans.
It would be very painful after spending over N20,000.00 and be schemed out.
It would be helpful to know the situation of the loan please.
Thanks To the Federal government for their effort to elevate poverty, from both the young and old. But for Nirsal and CBN that are busy hidding the Masses money God Will Jugde you all. I applied and spent my small money just to have this loan. Over 8months now nothing to show forth, continue keeping the money for your generation yet unborn, we shall all die. Long Live Nigeria
I have been done my interview on 13th October, 2020. But yet I don’t heard anything about it. from the nirsal.
I have done my interview since October but I’m not see any response from you
I have done my interview on october but I not see agsmeis loan disbursement
I had been interviewed since September last year but no disbursement up to now please help me what can I do next?
Abdullahi Aliyu I have been interviewed since February last year but no disbursement up till now, please help me
We did our interview for Agmies since June 2020 up now today 27 July 2021 no news about it. We have totally lost confidence in your administration.. We hear corruption issues in the system. We live every thing in the hand Allah.