Champion Breweries stocks have gained 32.35% since the open of trade last week Monday, as investors scamper for the shares of the company at the back of expected takeover by Heineken Brouwerijen B.V.
The share price of the company’s stocks on the NSE, from 11-18 January 2021, increased by 32.35%.
This move is attributable to the recent rush for the shares of the company by investors, following a recent purchase of the shares of the mid-cap company by Heineken’s Special entity.
What you should know
- Nairametrics reported that Raysun Nigeria Limited, a Special Purpose Entity (SPE) wholly-owned by Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., acquired 1,903,609,538 additional shares of the brewery company, worth N4.95 billion on 7 January 2021, at a price of N2.60 per share.
- The acquisition took Heineken’s total stake in Champion Breweries to 6,633,043,538 or 84.72% (indirectly).
- According to data from the NSE, Champion Breweries shares cleared at N1.35 per share today on the floor of the exchange with 29,291 units worth N43,350.68 crossing hands in 4 deals.
- At the current price of N1.35, the shares of the company have gained more than 56.98% since the open of trade this year, 4 January 2021. This is 95.65% higher than the shares’ 52 weeks low price of N0.69 per share.
- The current share price of Champions Breweries is the highest in 52 weeks at N1.35 per share.