Tether is the most valuable stablecoin by market value. It is a leading household name in the fast-changing crypto market.
The latest development is that Tether treasury minted a whopping 400 million USDT, as seen on Whale Alert, an advanced blockchain tracker and analytic firm.
- “400,000,000 USDT (402,613,737 USD) minted at Tether Treasury.”
💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 400,000,000 #USDT (402,613,737 USD) minted at Tether Treasury
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) January 7, 2021
What you should know
At the time of writing this report, the stablecoin traded at $1.00 USD with a daily trading volume of $133.4 billion. Tether is down 0.16% for the day. It is presently the third most valuable crypto with a market value of $23.5 billion.
- Tether is designed as a blockchain-based cryptocurrency whose digital coins in circulation are backed by the same value of traditional fiat currencies like the U.S dollar, Japanese Yen, or the Euro. It trades under the ticker symbol USDT.
- Nairametrics had earlier outlined a report on the organic growth of Tether’s market capitalization, as one of the major reasons for the gain Bitcoin (BTC) is presently having in the mid-term.
- Interest in digital links to the dollar represents the need to handle and store value in the world’s reserve currency, without an intermediary.
Ethereum held on Crypto exchanges might run out of supply in 2 days
A crypto expert has released key details on why Ether coins on crypto exchanges could be all gone within 48 hours.
The amount of Ethers held on Crypto exchanges could go into extinction amid the high buying pressure seen in recent days.
Alex Saunders, a crypto expert, via Twitter, released key details on why Ether coins on Crypto exchanges could be all gone within 48 hours amid high buying pressure.
- “Crypto Exchanges could be out of Ether within 48 hours. Demand has sky rocketed. Exchange reserves fell 20% from 10 million to 8 million in the last few hours. With targets of $5k, $10k & $20k long term, I doubt many HODLers will sell their ETH in the $1-2k range”
Exchanges could be out of $ETH within 48 hours. Demand has sky rocketed. Exchange reserves fell 20% from 10M to 8M in the last few hours. With targets of $5k, $10k & $20k long term, I doubt many HODLers will sell their ETH in the $1-2k range. 🌐🖥️👽 #ETH2 #DeFi #NFTs #Gaming #DAO pic.twitter.com/rYPOch2u7p
— Alex Saunders 🇦🇺👨🔬 (@AlexSaundersAU) January 14, 2021
Ether reserves held on crypto exchanges have not been this low for about two and a half years ago. At press time, just 7% of Ether’s circulating supply is presently held on Crypto exchanges.
Meanwhile, Crypto investors are buying into the world’s acclaimed utility crypto, over owning a stake in Ether amid the boom seen recently in Crypto markets. Although it has not been strange to many crypto experts in the crypto-verse, seeing Ethereum demand at a record high.
Recent data obtained from Glassnode, a crypto analytic firm revealed a number of Ethereum based addresses holding 0.01+ coins just reached an all-time high of 10,997,708.
The previous all-time high of 10,997,003 was observed earlier today.
Metric description: The number of unique addresses holding at least 0.01 coins. Only Externally Owned Addresses (EOAs) are counted, contracts are excluded.
Previous ATH of 10,997,003 was observed earlier today
— glassnode alerts (@glassnodealerts) January 15, 2021
What you should know
- At the time of drafting this report, Ether traded at $1,219.35 with a daily trading volume of $34.1 billion. Ethereum is up 11.13% for the day. The world’s leading utility has a market value of $139.3 Billion.
- Breaking the $1,300 resistance level represents a dramatic shift for Ethereum, which stood at around the $112 price level in March 2020 following the market carnage that occurred as a result of the ravaging COVID-19 virus.
- Ethereum is a decentralized system, fully independent, and is not under anybody’s authority. It has no pivotal point, and its platform is connected to thousands of its users through their computing system around the world, which means it’s almost impossible for Ethereum to go offline.
U.S Central Bank leader says no rush into crypto dollar
Jerome Powell recently spoke on why the U.S central bank had no reason to rush into central bank digital currencies.
The world’s most powerful monetary policy chief, Jerome Powell, recently spoke on why the U.S central bank had no reason to rush into central bank digital currencies.
In a YouTube webinar organised by Yahoo Finance and conducted by highly revered economist, Markus Brunnermeier, the U.S Fed Reserve Chairman stated that the US central bank desires to get it right and hence doesn’t feel an urge or need to be the first.
“Since we are the world’s reserve currency, we actually think we need to get this right, and we don’t feel an urge or need to be first,” he said. “We effectively already have a first-mover advantage, because we’re the reserve currency.”
Powell also revealed that stablecoins were of high-level priority.
“We’ve been very focused… on potential regulatory answers for global stablecoins, in particular,” said Powell in response to a question about CBDCs, or central bank digital currencies.
“So that’s been a high-level focus, and that will continue to be a high-level focus because they could become systemically important overnight and we don’t begin to have, you know, our arms around the potential risks and how to manage those risks, and the public will expect we do and has every right to expect that… It’s a very high priority.”
Recall many months ago, the world’s largest economy considered the use of digital dollars, following slow COVID-19 stimulus payments to its citizens. The U.S Congress recently heard testimonies on the usage of digital dollars to facilitate the U.S’ legacy financial infrastructure.
Just yesterday, America’s Congressional Fintech Task Force examined Federation Accounts and the use of digital dollars in expanding financial reach in the United States.
What you need to know about Digital Dollar: The U.S government considered a framework in creating a U.S. central bank digital currency, which would be mined through the blockchain protocol, transferred between users, and recorded in a public ledger.
- The digital dollars would be stored in a distributed database via the internet, on an electronic computer database, within a stored-value card or virtual files.
Betting on Bitcoin is better than investing in PayPal, Google, Facebook, Amazon
MicroStrategy CEO has disclosed why betting with Bitcoin is much better than investing in leading technology brands.
Michael Saylor, CEO of MicroStrategy, in a recent Youtube interview with Chris Jaszczynski of MMCrypto, revealed why betting with Bitcoin is much better than investing in leading technology brands.
Saylor has been very vocal about Bitcoin and its potentials since his company gained exposure late last year. It is worth stating that MicroStrategy was the first public-listed company to purchase Bitcoin as part of its treasury policy.
- “I’ve invested in everything. I was an early investor in Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Google, OpenTable, eBay, and PayPal. I made huge amounts of money. I made 10x, 20x my money in those things, and let me tell you, none of them looks as good as this looks to me.”
The basis for such bias is based on the record inflows of funds comprising of “cash, debt, equities, [and] commercial real estate indices,” that are expected to shift at one point into Bitcoin.
The highly revered Chief Executive Officer of America’s leading business intelligence company further added that $300-$400 trillion could flow into the world’s flagship crypto.
This is nearly 60 times the prediction of $600 billion that was given by the world’s most valuable bank, JP Morgan Chase.
What you should know
- MicroStrategy is listed on an American Stock exchange and has deployed about $250 million into Bitcoin in August and then added $175 million a month after.
- These two investments represented the first and second time a publicly-traded corporation bought Bitcoin for investment purposes.
- MicroStrategy increased its buying pressure subsequently by investing an additional $50 million and even going as far as to raise $650 million in the debt market.
- By the end of 2020, MicroStrategy had confirmed it had spent $1.125 billion to purchase 70,470 bitcoin, implying a cost basis of $15,964 per Bitcoin.