NLPC Pension Fund Administrators Limited, Investment One Pension Managers Limited and OAK Pensions Limited have emerged in the elite list (top five) of PFAs with the highest return on investment (ROI) across three RSA funds, from January to November 2020.
This is according to a disclosure by Pension Nigeria, seen by Nairametrics. According to the disclosure, the RSA funds in which the aforementioned firms made the elite list include; RSA Fund II, RSA Fund III and RSA Fund IV. Both Investment One and NLPC missed out of the top five in the RSA Fund I category.
RSA Fund I
The RSA Fund I is a special but optional fund in which RSA account holders who are below 50 years of age can opt-into. The top 5 PFAs with the highest rate of Returns on Investment (ROI) for the period under review are;
- APT Pensions Fund Managers Limited led the chart with 40.59%
- Followed by Veritas Glanvills Pensions Limited with 38.65%
- AXA Mansard Pensions Limited recorded returns of 37.31%
- Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited recorded 34.10%
- OAK Pensions Limited completed the elite list with 33.28%.
RSA Fund II
The RSA Fund II is the default fund under the Multifund structure for RSA holders who are below 50 years old. The top 5 PFAs with the highest ROI in this category include are;
- NLPC Pension Fund Administrators Limited recorded a 52.11% ROI in this category.
- Followed closely by Investment One Pension Managers Limited with 29.90% ROI.
- IEI-Anchor Pension Managers Limited recorded returns of 28.41%
- OAK Pensions Limited recorded returns of 24.02%
- Fidelity Pensions Managers Limited completed the top 5 with returns of 23.56%.
RSA Fund III
RSA Fund III is the default fund for RSA holders who are 50 years and above but have not retired. The top five in this category for the period under review are;
- NLPC Pension Fund Administrators Limited also led the chart in this category, recording returns of 44.58%
- Investment One Pensions Managers Limited followed closely with returns of 35.29%.
- AXA Mansard Pension Limited recorded returns of 31.02%
- Radix Pension Fund Managers Limited recorded returns of 29.97%
- OAK Pensions Limited completed the top five in this category with returns of 27.75.
RSA Fund IV
This is the Retiree Fund. All RSA holders that have retired are automatically moved to Fund IV. The top five in this category are;
- NLPC Pension Fund Administrators Limited led with 37.71%
- Investment One Pension Managers Limited followed closely with 35.14%
- Fidelity Pension Managers Limited recorded returns of 23.85%
- Radix Pension Fund Managers Limited recorded returns of 21.09%
- Nigeria Police Force Pensions Limited completed the top five in this category with returns of 20.29%
The chart below shows all PFAs based on the average returns on Investment for each PFA for January to December.
What you should know
- No PFA had a negative return on investment for the period under review.
- The Industry Average for all the funds type is 19.83%. Fund I recorded an average ROI of 21.99%. Fund II recorded an average of 20.93%. Fund III posted an average of 20.14%. Fund IV posted an average of 16.13%.
- No PFA was among the top 5 in all the four funds.
- Recall that Nairametrics had earlier reported that TrustFund, Radix Pension Fund Managers Limited, and three others had emerged in the top 5 most profitable PFAs for RSA fund II in the month of November 2020.