The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has announced the acquisition of an Mi-171E helicopter, making it the 23rd new aircraft acquired since President Buhari’s administration started.
This was disclosed by the FG in a statement on Thursday after a launching ceremony was held in Kaduna.
- “The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has inducted additional combat helicopter into operation, the newly-acquired Mi-171E helicopter at a ceremony held today in Kaduna and virtually presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari from Abuja,” the Presidency said.
The Presidency also stated that the helicopter would be the 23rd new aircraft acquired by the administration, including:
- 10 x Super Mushshak aircraft
- 5 x Mi-35M Helicopter Gunship
- 2 x Bell 412 Helicopter
- 4 x Agusta 109 Power Attack Helicopter
- 2 x Mi-171E Helicopter
What you should know
- Nairametrics reported that the Nigerian Air Force announced that an A-29 Super Tucano fighter jet would be delivered to Nigeria in 2021. The Air Force said that six of the twelve A-29 Super Tucano fighter jets had been produced and were being employed for the conversion training of six NAF pilots, who were in the USA.
- Nairametrics also reported last month that the Nigerian Air Force had joined China and the UAE to announce the acquisition of 2 Wing Loong II Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV).