David Adedeji Adeleke, better known as Davido, has disclosed that his third studio album had surpassed 213.2 million streams across all platforms in a month.
This disclosure was made public by the Nigerian songwriter in a post that was seen by Nairametrics on his official Instagram account this evening.
Davido disclosed that the album which was released on the 13th of November 2020, had attracted over 213.2 million streams, exactly a month after the project was released.
The album titled, A better Time (ABT), pulls together a blend of sounds from all corners of Africa, and across the waters in the USA. However, the diversity of the project led to its global acceptance by Hip-hop fans and lovers of good music across the world.
The breakdown of the streams revealed that 44.8% of the 213.2 million streams across all platforms came from Audio mack.
According to the post he shared, the album had received;
- 54.7 million streams on apple music,
- 11.5 million streams on Spotify,
- 15.7 million streams on Boomplay,
- 95.5 million on Audio mack and
- 35.8 million streams on Youtube music.
What you should know
- It is important to note that the album, prior to this publication had shattered major records. Recall that the artiste on November 16th, 2020, three days after he released the album, disclosed that the album had surpassed a cumulative stream of 100 million, thus making it the fastest project by an Afrobeats singer to hit such a mark.
- However, some of the tracks off the album have been performing well, including the video of his lead single ‘FEM’, which was released in September and gotten over 15 million views on YouTube.
- In the same vein, his latest music video, ‘Jowo’, which has a cameo appearance by ‘Big Brother Naija ex-housemate, Rebecca Nengi Hampson currently has over 3.7 million views.