The number of global investors and crypto traders owning a stake in the world’s second most valuable crypto by market value has just reached a new high, as it trades around $600.
- Data seen from Glassnode, a crypto analytic firm, revealed Ethereum Number of Non-zero Addresses just reached an all-time high of 50,290,697.
- The previous all-time high of 50,289,739 was observed earlier today.
- At the time of writing, Ethereum traded at $597.83 with a daily trading volume of $12.1 billion. Ethereum is down 0.20% in the last 24 hours. It’s presently the second most valuable crypto by market value with a market capitalization of $68 billion.
Metric Description: The number of unique addresses holding a positive (non-zero) amount of coins. Contracts are excluded, only Externally Owned Addresses (EOAs) are counted.
What you should know about Ethereum
- Ethereum is a cryptocurrency designed for decentralized applications and deployment of smart contracts, which are created and operated without any fraud, interruption, control, or interference from a third party.
- Ethereum 2.0, also known as Eth2, is the next upgrade on the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum 2.0 will be released in different “Phases” starting in 2020 with Phase 0. Each upgrade will improve the functionality and performance of Ethereum in different ways.
- Ethereum co-creator, Vitalik Buterin, gave key insights on the re-envisioning of Ethereum 2.0 long-term future as a single high-security execution shard that everyone processes, plus a scalable data availability layer.
- Ethereum 1.0 had ~15 TPS.
- If everyone moves to rollups, we will soon have ~3000 TPS.
- Once phase 1 comes along, and rollups move to Eth2 sharded chains for their data storage, we go up to a theoretical max of ~100000 TPS.
- Eventually, phase 2 will come along, bringing Eth2 sharded chains with native computations, which give us… ~1000-5000 TPS.
What this means
Its rise has not been surprising to many crypto experts in the crypto-verse, on the bias of its recent upgrade to Ethereum 2.0, coupled with increased buying pressure of DeFi Crypto assets significantly aided Ethereum’s usage in reaching an all-time high.