Nigerian bourse ended the last trading session on a bearish note. The All Share Index dropped by, 0.86% to close at 35,037.46 points as against the +6.23% gain recorded yesterday.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange capitalization presently stands at N18.3 Trillion. The year to date while the Year-to-Date (YTD) returns stood at +27.72%.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange trading turnover spiked up by +4.27% as against the +39.00% uptick recorded on Thursday.
- TRANSCORP , ZENITHBANK, and ACCESS were the most active to boost market turnover.
- Market breadth closed negative as BOCGAS led 26 Gainers as against 38 Losers topped by FCMB at the end of today’s session – an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- AIRTELAFRI up 9.99% to close at N489.9
- FIDSON up 9.93% to close at N5.98
- PZ up 9.52% to close at N5.75
- BUACEMENT up 1.66% to close at N52
- DANGSUGAR up 3.98% to close at N22.2
- ARDOVA down 9.76% to close at N14.8
- GUINNESS down 8.64% to close at N20.1
- GUARANTY down 4.71% to close at N36.4
- MTNN down 4.32% to close at N155
- ZENITHBANK down 3.55% to close at N27.15
Today’s Stock Bears spoilt Nigeria’s Stock bulls party at the last trading session amid falling crude oil prices prevailing at the commodities market.
Selling pressure from top blue-chip stocks like MTN Nigeria, GTBank, Zenith Bank neutralized impressive gains seen in Airtel Africa amid high market liquidity.
- Nairametrics envisage cautious buying, as profit-taking seems to be coming into play amid impressive gains recorded in the past few weeks.