The Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) is set to resume on the 6th of December for the first time since the league was suspended because of the ravaging COVID-19 in early 2020.
According to Vanguard, this was disclosed by the League Management Company (LMC) on Monday, which also revealed the fixtures for league resumption.
What you should know
- The NPFL was suspended on the 18th of March after Match day 25 as coronavirus cases erupted all over the country. The NPFL initially announced in April that football will resume 6 weeks after the the pandemic.
- The new season will be competed by the same teams from last season as no team was relegated due to the nature of the last season’s pause. The LMC certified 13 stadiums for the resumption of activities in Nigeria’s top professional football league.
The fixtures on the opening weekend are:
- Adamawa United vs Kano Pillars
- Katsina United vs Heartland
- Nasarawa United vs Wikki Tourists
- Plateau United vs Kwara United
- Enyimba vs Abia Warriors
- Rivers United vs Rangers
- Akwa United vs Dakada
- Jigawa Golden Stars vs Sunshine Stars
- FC Ifeanyi Ubah vs Lobi Stars
- MFM vs Warri Wolves