The Nigerian bourse closed the trading session cumulatively bearish W/W, with the All Share Index dropping by 0.08% W/W, while market capitalization presently stands at N13.365 trillion.
- A total turnover of 1.139 billion shares worth N12.692 billion in 17,109 deals was traded this week by investors on the floor of the Exchange, in contrast to a total of 1.226 billion shares valued at N10.842 billion that exchanged hands last week in 19,529 deals.
- The Financial Services industry (measured by volume) led the activity chart with 870.300 million shares valued at N7.863 billion traded in 9,427 deals; thus contributing 76.43% and 61.95% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.
- The Industrial Goods industry followed with 62.689 million shares worth N1.162 billion in 1,557 deals. In the third place was the ICT industry, with a turnover of 50.859 million shares worth N2.552 billion in 619 deals.
- Trading in the top three equities, namely FBN Holdings Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, and Access Bank Plc. (measured by volume) accounted for 353.048 million shares worth N4.018 billion in 3,095 deals, contributing 31.00% and 31.66% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.
- 32 equities appreciated at price during the week, higher than 23 equities in the previous week.
- 31 equities depreciated in price, lower than 38 equities in the previous week, while 100 equities remained unchanged, lower than 102 equities recorded in the previous week.
Top 10 gainers W/W
- WAPIC INSURANCE PLC up 12.12% to close at N0.37
- LEARN AFRICA PLC up 9.62% to close at N1.14
- UNITY BANK PLC up 9.62% to close at N0.57
- NEIMETH INTERNATIONAL PHARMACEUTICALS PLC up 9.55% to close at N1.95
- IKEJA HOTEL PLC up 9.52% to close at N0.92
- CAP PLC up 8.57% to close at N17.10
- BERGER PAINTS PLC up 7.44% to close at N6.50
- UNION BANK NIG.PLC up 7.00% to close at N5.35
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC up 6.90% to close at N0.31
- PRESTIGE ASSURANCE PLC up 5.77% to close at N0.55
Explore the Nairametrics Research Website for Economic and Financial Data
Top 10 losers W/W
- ASSOCIATED BUS COMPANY PLC down 16.67% to close at N0.30
- NEM INSURANCE PLC down 9.78% to close at N2.03
- TRIPPLE GEE AND COMPANY PLC down 9.09% to close at N0.40
- UNIVERSITY PRESS PLC down 7.65% to close at N1.57
- UNION DIAGNOSTIC & CLINICAL SERVICES PLC down 7.41 to close at N0.25
- FCMB GROUP PLC down 6.36% to close at N2.06
- CORNERSTONE INSURANCE PLC down 6.15% to close at N0.61
- NIGERIAN AVIATION HANDLING COMPANY PLC down 6.10% to close at N2.00
- NPF MICROFINANCE BANK PLC down 5.80% to close at N1.30
- INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC. down 5.71% to close at N3.30
The Nigerian bourse ended the week cumulatively on a less impressive note, amid Brent crude prices closing above $43/Barrel.
- It should be noted that prevailing macros, like the exponential growth in the COVID-19 caseloads across the world, dampened the resolve of foreign investors in taking a significant part in Nigeria’s stock market trading session, coupled with the prevalence of the dollar scarcity.
- Buying pressure from notable financial brands, which include Union Bank, Unity Bank WAPIC, got neutralized by sell-offs recorded in FCMB, NEM, and International Breweries.
- Nairmetrics envisages cautious buying, as market liquidity remains a growing concern among day traders.