AIICO Insurance Plc, to invest the proceeds of its on-going right issue on its property, plant, equipment and technology.
While 61.2% of the proceeds are planned to be invested in property, plant and equipment to be completed Q4 2024, 38.8% are expected to be invested in technology to ne completed Q2 2023.
This was disclosed by Chief Executive Officer, AIICO Insurance Plc, Mr. Babatunde Fajemirokun during a virtual Facts Behind the Issue on Friday.
According to him, the issue, which is between September 2, 2020, and October 7, 2020, worth a total of N3.5 billion, will be offered on the basis of 5 new ordinary shares for every 13 ordinary shares held at the close of business on Monday 15th June, 2020.
On the rationale for the right issue, Fajemirokun, remarked that NAICOM increased the regulatory capital requirements for the insurance industry, increasing the composite players to the tune of N18 billion by 2021.
He said, “If successfully implemented, the right issue will increase the capital base of the firm from N11.6 billion to N15.1 billion.”
He also expressed intent in capitalizing some of the firm’s retained earnings.
Speaking further, Fajemirokun remarked that the offering of the right issue will ensure networking and infrastructural upgrade, while empowering the firm to underwrite big-ticket transactions, especially in oil and gas industries.
- The right issue size is worth N3,486,216,763.20
- The number of shares is 4,357,770,954
- The price is N0.80 (representing a discount of 25.2% as of the qualification date)
- 5 new shares will be issued for every 13 shares held as of C.O.B, June 15th, 2020
- The issue period will be between September 2, 2020 and October 7, 2020
- 61.2% of the proceeds from the right issue will be invested in Property, Plant and equipment to be completed by Q4, 2024
- 38.8% of the proceeds from the right issue will be invested in technology, to be completed by Q2, 2023
Over the years, AIICO has evolved from an insurance agency to a leading diversified non-banking financial institution in Nigeria providing life, health and general insurance, as well as investment management.
About AIICO Insurance Plc
AIICO Insurance Plc was established in 1963 with a large Life and Non-life business, and complimentary focus on Asset Management, Health and Pension. Its market capitalization pre-issue is N9,064,163,584.00.
In 2019, AIICO Insurance Plc recorded 78% revenue from the Life business, 17% from Non-life business. On profit side, Life business contributed 91%, Asset Management contributed about 9%. It currently has 22 branches and 3 retail outlets across the federation.