The Nigerian bourse ended the week cumulatively on a bullish note. The All-Share Index and the NSE market capitalization appreciated by 0.35% to close the week at 25,309.37 and N13.203 trillion, respectively. Investors gained N45.65 billion.
A total of 1.072 billion shares valued at N7.384 billion were traded this week in 16, 684 deals. This is a contrast to to the 950.414 million shares valued at N10.123 billion that exchanged hands last week in 16,647 deals.
The Financial Services industry (measured by volume) led the activity chart with 586.761 million shares valued at N4.022 billion traded in 8,483 deals; thus contributing 54.76% and 54.47% to the total equity turnover volume and value, respectively.
The Conglomerates Industry followed with 307.744 million shares worth N799.159 million traded in 1,010 deals. In the third place was the Consumer Goods industry, with a turnover of 50.170 million shares worth N968.272 million in 3,018 deals.
Trading in the top three equities – Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc, UACN Plc, and United Bank for Africa Plc (measured by volume) –accounted for 396.337 million shares worth N1.373 billion in 1,845 deals; thereby contributing 36.99% and 18.59% to the total equity turnover volume and value, respectively.
29 equities appreciated in price during the week, lower than 31 equities in the previous week. Also, 36 equities depreciated in price, higher than 27 equities in the previous week, while 98 equities remained unchanged, lower than 105 equities recorded in the previous week.
- UNIVERSITY PRESS PLC up 31.45% to close at N1.63
- FTNCOCOA PROCESSORS PLC up 20.00% to close at N0.24
- CHAMPIONBREW. PLC.up 19.23% to close at N0.93
- NEMINSURANCE PLC 1.87 2.15 0.28 14.97% to close at N2.15
- PZ CUSSONS NIGERIA PLC. 3.85 4.20 0.35 9.09% to close at N4.20
- UNITYBANK PLC 0.52 0.56 0.04 7.69% to close at N0.56
- AXAMANSARDINSURANCE PLC 1.71 1.84 0.13 7.60% to close at N1.84
- UNILEVERNIGERIA PLC. 13.95 15.00 1.05 7.53% to close at N15.00
- WAPICINSURANCE PLC 0.33 0.35 0.02 6.06% to close at N0.35
- FCMBGROUP PLC. 2.03 2.15 0.12 5.91% to close at N2.15
- BETA GLASS PLC. down 9.99% to close at N55.40
- ARBICOPLC. down 9.52% to close at N1.14
- C& I LEASING PLC. down 9.09% to close at N4.00
- CONSOLIDATEDHALLMARK INSURANCE PLC down 8.11% to close at N0.34
- CUTIXPLC. down 7.89% to close at N1.75
- FIDSONHEALTHCARE PLC down 7.25% to close at N3.71
- NEIMETHINTERNATIONAL PHARMACEUTICALS PLC down 7.00% to close at N1.86
- GUINNESSNIG PLC down 6.91% to close at N14.15
- AFRICAPRUDENTIAL PLC down 6.67% to close at N4.20
- TRANSNATIONALCORPORATION OF NIGERIA PLC down 6.56% to close at N0.57
The Nigerian bourse ended the week cumulatively bullish against all odds. This impressive result was triggered by significant buying pressure in notable stocks like UNILEVER, PZ, and WAPIC Insurance. Nairametrics also took note of impressive gains recorded in some tier-2 bank stocks like FCMB, UNITY BANK.
However, Nairametrics recommends you seek the advice of a registered stockbroker when choosing stocks to buy.