The Nigerian Stock Exchange on Tuesday closed bearish. The All Share Index dropped by 0.58% to close at 24,883.70 basis points as against -0.06% drop recorded on Monday.
Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -7.30%. Nigerian bourse’s market capitalization presently stands at N12,981 trillion. Investors’ losses recorded today stood at N75.07 billion.
Trading volume turnover closed positive as volume moved up by +17.84% as against +4.90% uptick recorded in the previous session. ACCESS, FIDELITYBK, and GUARANTY were the most active to boost market turnover.
Market breadth closed negative as CADBURY led 16 Gainers as against 17 Losers topped by PRESTIGE.
- CADBURY up 6.82% to close at N7.05
- NB up 6.25% to close at N34
- ARDOVA up 4.94% to close at N12.75
- VALUEFUND up 1.37% to close at N115.05
- GUARANTY up 1.02% to close at N24.8
- IKEJAHOTEL down 9.82% to close at N1.01
- MANSARD down 8.23% to close at N1.45
- DANGCEM down 4.09% to close at N136
- GUINNESS down 3.33% to close at N14.5
- UCAP down 3.09% to close at N3.14
Nigerian bourse recorded its second trading loss for the week, triggered by high selling pressures notable in DANGCEM and GUINNESS.
Nairametrics, however, recommend you seek the counsel of a certified financial advisor when buying stocks.