Transcorp Plc has announced that its 14th Annual General Meeting (AGM), which was earlier postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, will now hold on Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
The venue of the AGM is Afriland Towers, 97/105 Broad Street, Lagos. And the time is 9.00 a.m.
According to a public disclosure that was sent by the company to the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the ordinary business that will be discussed during the AGM include the following:
- To discuss the company’s Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2019, together with the Reports of the Directors, Auditors and Audit Committee thereon;
- To declare a dividend;
- To approve the appointment of Mrs. Owen Omogiafo as a Director;
- To re-elect the following Directors retiring by rotation: Dr. Stanley Inye Lawson and Ms. Obi Ibekwe;
- To appoint Deloitte & Touche Nigeria as Auditors to the Company;
- To authorise the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors for the 2020 financial year;
- To elect members of the Statutory Audit Committee.
Do note that this is going to be a proxy AGM, in compliance with directives set out by the government towards minimising the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic. Part of the statement by the company said:
“The Federal Government of Nigeria, State Governments, Health Authorities and Regulatory Agencies have issued a number of guidelines and directives aimed at curbing the spread of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
“Particularly, the Lagos State Government prohibited the gathering of more than 20 people while the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) issued Guidelines on Holding AGM of Public Companies by Proxy. The convening and conduct of the AGM shall be done in compliance with these directives and guidelines.”
In view of this, therefore, the number of people who will be admitted into the venue of the AGM will be limited. However, the meeting will be streamed live for all to watch, the company said.
Shareholders who are eligible to attend and vote at the meeting can do so by proxy. In other words, they can delegate their voting rights to any of he following principal officers of Transcorp Plc:
- Mr. Tony O. Elumelu, CON
- Mrs. Owen Omogiafo
- Mr. Chike Anikwe
- STAMPING OF PROXY
Please note that in order for this to be valid, shareholders wishing to attend the meeting by proxy must ensure that they complete their proxy forms and deposit same with the company’s registrar, preferably by email: [email protected] This must be done at least 48 hours before the meeting is scheduled to hold.
A blank proxy form may be gotten from the company’s Annual Report which can be downloaded from either the company’s website or the NSE website.