Connect with us
nairametrics

Business News

Coronavirus: Screen all passengers, no matter their status, FG to airlines

The Federal Government has ordered airlines and agencies at airports to enforce the screening of all passengers for coronavirus disease.

Published

on

Just in: FG bars Air France, KLM and other foreign airlines, FG to spend N13 billion for automation projects in 4 airports, domestic flights, international passengers, Coronavirus: FG enforces immediate screening of travellers at airports with new directive

As part of efforts to curb the spread of the deadly coronavirus disease, the Federal Government has ordered airlines and agencies at airports that are currently in operation to enforce the screening of all passengers who use facilities at the airports.

The directive was issued to airline operators and agencies at all airports across the country.

Ibadan domestic Airport set to become international airport soon 

According to the Director of Public Affairs, FMA, James Odaudu, although the screening of passengers at airports was done before now, it was not really enforced. Now, he said, “We are forcing it.”

Details: The ministry added that all airline operators had been directed to deploy some additional measures in order to protect passengers and the general public against the further spread of Coronavirus.

GTBank 728 x 90

[READ MORE: Nigeria closer to total lockdown, as FG orders sit at home to its workers)

It said, “All persons, without exception, entering any airport terminal (domestic and international) must undergo temperature check and hand cleaning with sanitisers.

“All passengers, no matter their status, must undergo temperature check and hand sanitisation before being allowed to board any aircraft. All aeroplanes must be disinfected before boarding by passengers.”

GTBank 728 x 90

Punch reports that the Federal Government made known that the directive must be strictly adhered to as it would not take any disregard lightly. The directives have reportedly been conveyed to all airline operators by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.

While speaking about the recent announcement of restriction of international flights into Nigeria as announced by NCAA, the ministry explained that flights considered essential for which permissions for landing may be sought and granted include aircraft in a state of emergency.

It said such aircraft would have to do with flights and operations related to humanitarian services, medical and relief services.

As Nairametrics reported, due to the pandemic, Nigeria is restricting entry into the country for travellers from countries such as China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Japan, France, Germany, the United States, Norway, UK, Netherlands and Switzerland.

Jaiz bank ads

Chidinma holds a degree in Mass communication from Caleb University Lagos and a Masters in view in Public Relations. She strongly believes in self development which has made her volunteer with an NGO on girl child development. She loves writing, reading and travelling. You may contact her via - [email protected]

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Business News

Lagos state moves against fake news and inciting messages merchants

The government has warned fake news and inciting message merchants to stop their evil enterprise or face legal consequences.

Published

on

The Lagos State Government has warned against fake news and inciting messages as they react to videos in social media and online space, creating tension and encouraging ethnic conflicts.

This was contained in a statement that was issued by the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotosho, on Saturday, October 24, 2020.

In the statement, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu urged Lagosians to disregard the videos, which are the tools of anarchists, whose plan is to create hatred and divisiveness for which Lagos is not known for.

The statement partly reads, ‘’Inciting videos of this nature are not what our land needs now, following the loss of lives and destruction that fake news, misinformation and unfounded rumours have triggered in our dear state in the last couple of days.

‘’The government appeals to Lagosians to disregard the calls of ethnic and religious jingoists as well as agents of destruction who are on a mission to destroy our state by pitching us against one another for yet to be ascertained reasons. This is a very critical moment for us as a people. It is, therefore important that we stand together and remain circumspect because the brewery of falsehood is unrelenting in its mission.’

GTBank 728 x 90

The commissioner said Lagos State is the melting point of various cultures, tribes and religions across Nigeria and noted we have co-existed harmoniously for ages and will continue to live together peacefully.

He pointed out that the sad incident of the past few days affected everyone who lives, trades or works in Lagos, regardless of their tribe, culture, race and religion. He said this is a time for us to empathize with one another and not listen to purveyors of evil messages, especially on social media.

Omotosho said the government will continue to protect lives and property and warned fake news and inciting message merchants to stop their evil enterprise or face the legal consequences of their destructive actions.

GTBank 728 x 90

 

Continue Reading

Appointments

TCN MD, Sule Abdulaziz appointed Chairman of West Africa Power Pool

The acting Managing Director of TCN, Sule Abdulaziz, has been appointed the new Chairman of WAPP.

Published

on

TCN MD Abdulaziz, four other directors receive appointment letters

The acting Managing Director of Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), Sule Abdulaziz, has been appointed the new Chairman of the Executive Board of West African Power Pool (WAPP). Abdulaziz was nominated by the former Managing Director of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Joe Makoju, who is an honorary member of WAPP.

READ: NNPC signs gas development and commercialization deal with SEEPCO

This disclosure was made by TCN’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Mrs Ndidi Mbah, through a public statement in Abuja on Thursday, October 22, 2020.

In her statement, Mbah revealed that the West African Power Pool was created by Decision A/DEC.5/12/99 of the 22nd Summit of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government, and adopted during the 29th Summit of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government held in Niamey, Niger.

READ: Indian firm, Ramco signs partnership deal with Nigerian airline

GTBank 728 x 90

The appointment was made during the 46th meeting of the WAPP Executive Board which was chaired by the Secretary-General of ECOWAS, Ki Sengui, and held through video conference on October 21.

The statement from Mba partly reads, “While making the nomination, Makoju noted that Abdulaziz is an expert in engineering with vast experience in the electricity sector and therefore will perform creditably as the new WAPP Executive Board Chairman.

READ: Continental Reinsurance Plc acquires 100% ownership of its Botswana subsidiary

GTBank 728 x 90

“His proposal was endorsed by MDs and Director Generals and other members of the board,” she said.

According to the statement, Abdulaziz in his acceptance speech thanked the board members and the honourary members for his nomination as the Chairman of the board and assured them of his total commitment to the overall objective of the regional electricity body.

READ: A bitter family feud has continued to hamper this company’s growth

He also expressed the need to move the pool to the next level of operational efficiency and solicited the support of member utilities, especially members of the executive board in this regard.

Explore Data on the Nairametrics Research Website 

Jaiz bank ads

He urged members to ensure prompt payment of their contributions to the pool and also continue to collaborate actively with the secretariat to ensure effective and efficient coordination and implementation of all WAPP programmes.

Fidelity ads

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

President Buhari to address Nigerians on Lekki toll plaza shootings after investigation 

Minister of Sports says President Buhari will address Nigerians on the Lekki Toll Plaza shootings at the completion of investigations.

Published

on

President Buhari to address Nigerians on Lekki toll plaza shootings after investigation , Youth Investment Fund:  Ministry of Finance and CBN to launch provision of funds- Minister

President Buhari will address Nigerians on the Lekki toll Plaza shootings, as he awaits the outcome of the investigations into the shootings of unarmed #EndSARS protesters by soldiers.  

This disclosure was made by Mr. Sunday Dare, the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, during an interview with Arise TV on the unrest and uncertainties gripping Nigeria following the protests over police brutality. 

READ: #EndSARS: United Nations condemns the use of excessive force by Nigerian Armed Forces

The Minister emphasized that the President during the National Security Meeting yesterday has ordered an investigation into the Lekki Toll Plaza shooting, and thereafter he would speak on the incident. 

READ: #EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo commiserates with victims of Lekki shootings

GTBank 728 x 90

What they are saying 

When asked by Charles Aniagolu of Arise TV why the President hasn’t made an official statement on the unfortunate event at the Toll Plaza, Mr. Dare explained in his response that President Buhari hasn’t made a statement on the tragedy because he wants to have all the facts, which will absolutely be made public.  

READ: Buhari presented with gold bars mined in Zamfara as Nigerian prepares to launch PAGMI scheme.

“It is important to get all the facts right before we go forward. In this case, it’s going to be difficult to hide these facts because we live in a multimedia world and we have pieces of evidence and corroboration and I think it is important to get the facts right.

GTBank 728 x 90

READ: #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition raise Cryptos worth $126,000

“I think that’s the part the President has towed and I am sure that when the facts are made available, this President – because he has integrity – will level with the Nigerian people about what happened on Tuesday in Lekki.” 

Mr. Sunday Dare said the present administration’s commitment to protecting the rights of all citizens is unshaken. He reiterated that in line with this core mandate, a presidential pronouncement was made by the Presidency to permanently dissolve the notorious SARS group. 

Explore Data on the Nairametrics Research Website 

He disclosed that the level of responsiveness and concrete steps that the President has taken to stem down civil unrest in the country is commendable, as the #5 of 5 demands are fully accepted by the President. 

Jaiz bank ads

Fidelity ads
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ikeja electric
Advertisement
Advertisement
Patricia
Advertisement
FCMB ads
Advertisement
IZIKJON
Advertisement
Fidelity ads
Advertisement
first bank
Advertisement
bitad
Advertisement
Stallion ads
Advertisement
financial calculator
Advertisement
deals book
Advertisement
app
Advertisement